As Muslims we seek to recite Quran daily, but what if we can’t read Arabic Quran? that’s when Quran translations come in handy.
However not every Quran translation is an authentic and reliable translation, therefore, in this article, we will tell you the best Quran translations and the authentic ones.
But before we start you should keep in mind that Quran’s English translation is not the same as Arabic Quran. Because Quran translation is human attempts to make Quran recitation easy for non-Arabic speakers, not exactly the word of God, hence translations are not free of human errors, and it represents the meaning of the Quran. therefore, we should learn Arabic to be able to recite Arabic Quran and understand the word of Allah.
So, if you’re wondering where you can find the best translation of the Quran in the English language, lמחסני חשמל מבצעים באר שבע מכונת כביסה טכניקה להעלת משקל בדחיקת חזה grüne zimmerpflanze große blätter mini balon adidas biglie con ciclisti leroy merlin deska klozetowa elac debut s10 2 subwoofer review спален комплект 100 памук цветенца piatti di plastica dorati разклонител пвц ппк ф40 ф40-87градуса תצפית על מטוסים נתב ג tracciato tav firenze rear ram stainless steel charcoal bbq grill ottoman gardens kolonya hasbahçe ook no more! You can find the best verified English translations of the Quran in the Madinah Media Islamic store.
What are the best Quran translations?
Did you know that the first Quran translation was in the 7th century? Yes, the first one who attempted to translate the Holy Quran was Salman Al Farsi. He translated the first verse of the Holy Quran into Persian. Later on, in the 12th century, the Persian translation was completed.
By 2010 the sacred Quran was translated into 112 languages so that non-Arabic speakers can read it easily ad understand it. Muslim scholars and organizations do their best to translate, revise and edit Quran translations.
Authentic English translation of the Quran.
Here are some of the best Quran translations recommended by Dr. Zakir Naik:
1. Saheeh International
It’s an authentic Quran translation translated by three ladies and their names are Emily Assami, Mary Kennedy, and Amatullah Bantley.
2. The Holy Quran Translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
Abdullah Yusuf Ali spend around 40 years translating the Holy Quran. It’s a good translation as it has commentary and footnotes, but it uses old English so it might be a bit difficult for the people who are not used to it. The Holy Quran is the most popular translation.
3. The Noble Qur’an by Al-Hilali and Muhsen Khan.
Another good and authentic Quran translation is the Nobel Quran, it includes footnotes with references from Bukhari which is perfect for Muslims to help them understand the Holy Quran better.
4. The Message of The Quran by Muhammad Asad.
It’s a logical Quran translation that describes the verses of the Quran in a logical way even the miracles, therefore you should be a bit careful because not everything can be proved based on logic especially the miracles of the prophets.
5. The Clear Quran by Dr. Mustafa Khattab.
Another great Quran translation is the clear Quran that includes the Arabic Quran if you want to read both the English and Arabic Quran and its English is very simple and easy to understand.
What are the Best Quran translation applications?
Here are the top 6 Quran translation apps that will come in handy:
1. Quran by Quran.com
This one is my favorite Quran app; you have the Arabic Quran in front of you with its English translation. If you can’t read any Arabic word just click on it and it will read for you. Moreover, the Quran translation is taken from the Clear Quran Translation by Dr. Mustafa Khattab, which is one of the best English Quran translations. Also, you can change the translation if you like, there is more than one translation to choose from. Quran by Quran.com is free with no ads, it’s available for Android and iOS.
2. Quran with English Translation.
Another great app is Quran with English Translation, you can read and listen to the verses and surahs. The application is available for Android, and it includes the following Quran reciters:
- Mishary Rashid Alafasy
- Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais
- Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais
- Qari Abdul Basit Abdus Samad
- Ali Jaber
Some of the app features are:
- The Quran Transliteration in English Offline
- Quran Majeed Sajajah Information with Ayat Selection
- Bookmark or Favorite any Noble Quran Ayat at the of Quran Reading
- Set Notification for Quran Reading
- Upgrade to Premium You Can Purchase to Remove Ads
- Learn Quran Stop Signs
- Share Arabic Quran Ayat and English Quran Ayat with Your Friends
3. The Holy Quran – English.
One of the best Quran translation apps is The Holy Quran. you can read Quran in English with the original Arabic text shown. The app is available for iOS and Android and it doesn’t have ads. Some of its features include:
- Complete English translation with the option of having the original Arabic text shown
- Tafseer (Commentary) of each chapter and of about 1500 selected verses (by various scholars around the world of no sect and no particular school of thought)
- 10 different recitations including English (by Imam Benjamin Bilal) and by great Arabic reciters like Maher Al-Muaiqly, Said Al Ghamdi, Abul Basit, Muhammad Ayyoub, Mishary Alafasy, Muhammad Al-Minshawi and more.
- Instantly stream audio or download mp3 files onto your device for offline use
- Control playback using the lock screen or control center player buttons and listen to recitations while the screen is off or the app is in the background
- Full-text search including searching for exact search terms in “quotes”
- Unlimited bookmarks with note and share function, sort bookmarks by Surah/Verse number or date it was added
- iCloud sync of your Quran reading achievements and your bookmarks (click on sync button on the bottom of bookmark screen to back up your verses and notes through iCloud). When you reinstall the app, bookmarks will be restored automatically
- Index / Glossary with thousands of topics and the direct link to the corresponding part in the Holy Quran
- Share Ayat (verses) through email, text / SMS, or social media
- Four fonts size
- 10 different accent colors and ‘Night Mode
- Prayer times and prayer alarms, with Azan playback during Salah times
- Qibla compass
- Widget to view current Salah times
4. AlQuran English.
In this amazing Quran translation app, you can read Quran in English, and listen to the verses. You have 14 translations to choose from. The application is available for iOS. Here are some of its features:
- 14 translations in the English language including “Saheeh Internationals”, “Ahmad Ali”, “Pickthall”, “Ahmad Raza Khan”, “Maudidi” and many more.
- More than 20 complete Quran recitations
- Ayat by Ayat recitation of all famous reciters like Mishary, Aldossay, Abdul Basit, Ash Shatree, and many more. The complete list given below:
- A distinguish feature is the audio of translations for “Saheeh Internationals”
- Complete Quran Index
- Bookmarking for unlimited Ayats
- Ayat Sharing on Facebook, Twitter, email, and other platforms
- The crystal-clear font is a highlight of this application
- Support different font sizes, support pinch, and zoom feature to change font
- Repeat of Ayat for memorization
- list of translators:
Ahmed Ali, Ahmed Raza Khan, Yusuf Ali, A. J. Arberry, Abdul Majid Daryabadi, Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din al-Hilali and Muhammad Muhsin Khan, Maududi, Pickthall, Qaribullah & Darwaish, Saheeh International, Muhammad Sarwar, Habib Shakir, Transliteration and Wahiduddin Khan
- list of reciters:
Hedayatfar ,Kabiri ,Ibrahim Walk ,Shamshad Ali Khan ,Abdul Basit Murattal n Mujawwad ,Abu Bakr Ash Shaatree ,Sheikh Mishary bin Rashid Alafasy ,Ibrahim Aldosary ,Yasser Ad Dussary ,Muhammad Jibreel ,Muhsin Al Qasim ,Shahriar Parhizgar ,Salaah Abdul Rahman Bukhatir ,Salah Al Budair ,Saood ash Shuraym ,Warsh Yassin al Jazaery ,Abdullah Basfar ,Ahmed Neana ,Abdur Rahmaan As Sudais
5. The Glorious Quran.
A free Quran translation app, you can see up to three translations at the same time, read English Quran, and listen to its verses. The app is available for iOS and Android, and it’s free. Here are some of its features:
- The app allows any combination of up to 3 translations to be shown at once e.g. Arabic, English, and English transliteration.
- 3 reading modes.
- Optional English transliteration of Arabic text to help with Arabic reading (select English transliteration as the 2nd translation to enable this feature).
- Intuitive interface using standard iOS UI controls.
- 15 translations including English, English Transliteration, Urdu, Bengali, Malay, Hindi, German, and French.
- High-quality audio recitation.
- Download manager to manage the downloading of audio files.
- Choose between 5 different fonts.
- Pinch-to-Zoom for changing font sizes.
- Portrait and landscape orientation support
- Audio recitation by Sudais and Abdul Basit
- Follow recitations with highlighted Ayat
- Wide range of advanced audio options to aid memorization
- Arabic alphabet help
- Quick scroll through a Surah
- Full list of Juz, Hizb, and Quarters
- Easy access to settings
- Background audio mode support – audio can be controlled from the lock screen.
- Support for AirPlay and iPod remote control
- Unlimited bookmarks and folders
- Bookmark Surat, Ayat or Juz/Hizb/Quarter
- Advanced sharing options – share as an image or text
- Share in Twitter, Facebook, email, text message or other apps
- All features work on all supported versions of iOS
6. Quran In English Audio.
If you want to listen to the Holy Quran in English then this is the right App for you. With the help of this application, you can listen to English Quran and read it. It is available for Android and it’s for free.
Some of its features include:
- This Quran translation in English app comes complete with all 114 surahs audios.
- All audios are in high-quality audio in MP3 format. An Internet connection is required to listen to the audio that you can save your device storage.
- Holy Quran in English audio feature is suitable for Muslims who want to learn Quran in English but have no time to read it.
- Al-Quran Text with all Surahs in English only.
- Al-Quran all Surahs with Audio/MP3 listening.
- Highly accurate translation
- In contemporary English
- Easy to understand
- Clear text and audio
- Share from App
- Simple and easy to use
- Easy navigation
- Background player function: listening while screen off.
What makes Quran translation important?
Allah revealed the Holy Quran for us to read, understand, and guide us in our lives. Whenever we read a book in any language, we try our best to understand it. Because let’s face it, why would we read a book if we won’t gain any knowledge from it, or even understand it? We read to gain knowledge that is useful to us, and that we can implement in our lives.
The holy Quran is the word of Allah, his message to us. Allah revealed the Quran to guide us, and as Muslims, we should do our best to understand it and apply what we learn in our lives to become better Muslims.
Here are the benefits of understanding the holy Quan:
1. Doing what we’re instructed to do.
Allah says in the holy Quran:
أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ تَرْتِيلًا ٤
“Or a little more—and recite the Quran ˹properly˺ in a measured way.” [Surah Al-Muzzammil, 4]
In this verse Allah instructs us to read the holy Quran slowly to feel the meaning of its verses and strengthen our faith. That’s why we should learn Quran reading with tajweed. To read the Quran correctly according to Tajweed rules and beautifies our recitation. That’s why reading Quran translation is important, it helps us understand the meaning of the verses and we can do that with the help of Quran translation apps.
Allah says in the holy Quran:
وَإِذَا قُرِئَ ٱلْقُرْءَانُ فَٱسْتَمِعُوا۟ لَهُۥ وَأَنصِتُوا۟ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ ٢٠٤
“When the Quran is recited, listen to it attentively and be silent, so you may be shown mercy.” [Surah Al A’raf, 204]
Sometimes people prefer to listen to the Quran instead of reading it, especially when busy. If you want to listen to the holy Quran then you should listen to its words carefully to reflect on its words. Don’t play it in the background and ignore it.
Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the prophet peace and blessing be upon him said:
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.”
Al-Bukhaari narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said the following about the rewards of memorizing the Quran:
“The likeness of the one who reads the Quran and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous and honorable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.”
The prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said:
“Fasting and the Qur’an will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’an will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.”
We should try to memorize the Holy Quran and reflect on its verses in our daily lives.
Also when reading the sacred Quran we should concentrate and focus on what we’re reading. Allah says in the holy Quran: “أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ أَمْ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبٍ أَقْفَالُهَآ ٢٤”
“Do they not then reflect on the Quran? Or are there locks upon their hearts?” [Surah Muhammad, 24]
When focusing on the words and verses we read it touches our hearts and minds. We can see how it changes the way we think in daily life situations and how we behave when bad things happen to us. Because when we understand the words of Allah we know that everything happens for a reason. And that Allah will not make us go through something more than we can bare.
Allah says in the holy Quran:
وَهَـٰذَا كِتَـٰبٌ أَنزَلْنَـٰهُ مُبَارَكٌۭ فَٱتَّبِعُوهُ وَٱتَّقُوا۟ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ ١٥٥
“This is a blessed Book We have revealed. So follow it and be mindful ˹of Allah˺, so you may be shown mercy.” [Surah Al-An’am – 155]
When understanding the verses of the Quran we can apply what we learn in our daily lives. Become a better Muslim, and truly understand our religion.
2. Understand the Quran.
As Muslims, we should implement the teachings of the Quran in our lives. But how will we do so if we don’t understand its verses?
Abu Abdur Rahman as Sulami said: “We were informed by those who used to teach us the Qur’an, Uthman Bin Affan, Ibn Masud, and others, that they would learn ten verses at a time from the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) and they would not go beyond them until they had learned the knowledge and application within them. They said, so we learned the Qur’an along with its knowledge and application at the same time.”
To understand the true message behind the verses of the Quran, one should spend some of his time learning Quran recitation in Arabic. Quran translations are important to understand the words and verses we don’t understand but it’s impossible to translate all the meanings of the verses correctly. Therefore, you should try learning Arabic to read the Holy Quran in its language with the help of English Quran translation.
This way you will understand the message of the Quran and be able to apply its teachings in your life. Because just reading the Quran without understanding it is wrong. The true purpose of the Quran’s revelation is to guide us and help us understand right from wrong.
- strengthen our connection with Allah.
We are instructed to pray five times a day, and in each prayer, we recite surahs and verses from the Quran. However, we sometimes get distracted by the many thoughts in our heads or a problem we are trying to solve. This could be avoided when we truly understand the meaning of the verses we recite. When we understand the meaning of surah al-Fatiha which is the surah recited in every Rakah, we will focus on its meaning instead of reading it with our minds in another place. This will help us reach the state of Khushoo and build a stronger connection with Allah.
- Follow the guidance and teachings of the Quran.
Quran is what guide us and teaches us how to deal with our life problems. From it we understand how the world was created, the purpose of our lives, how Allah created us, the day of judgment, how to be better versions of ourselves, the stories of the prophets, and much more. We find the answers to everything in the Holy Quran, and to understand it you must keep an English Quran translation with you to understand any word or verse you come across.
- Knowing what to do in our Daily Life.
The Holy Quran doesn’t just mention what happened in the past, it also shows us how to deal with our life’s problems. It guides us on how to be better versions of ourselves, and how to always believe in Allah no matter how life gets harder. Allah says in the holy Quran:
وَلَقَدْ ضَرَبْنَا لِلنَّاسِ فِى هَـٰذَا ٱلْقُرْءَانِ مِن كُلِّ مَثَلٍۢ لَّعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ ٢٧
“We have certainly set forth every kind of lesson for people in this Quran, so perhaps they will be mindful.” [Surah Az-Zumar, 27]
Allah shows us how the Quran carries many examples and lessons for us to learn from. We saw how the prophets were treated by their people and still, they didn’t lose their faith in Allah, they knew that no one can help them but Allah, and for that Allah rewarded them. And we should do the same, Allah is the only one who will help us when we ask for his help, he is the only one who is always there for us no matter what we do.
Allah says in the holy Quran:
كَلَّآ إِنَّهُۥ تَذْكِرَةٌۭ ٥٤
“Enough! Surely this ˹Quran˺ is a reminder.”
فَمَن شَآءَ ذَكَرَهُۥ ٥٥
“So let whoever wills be mindful of it.” [Surah Al-Muddaththir]
The Quran is here to teach us about the past and future. We should understand its verses to be able to apply its teachings and learn from them. How will we do so if we can’t understand it? That’s why we should keep a Quran translation with us to help us whenever we need help.
If you found the article helpful feel free to share it. If you still have any questions comment below and we will be more than glad to help you.