As one of Islam’s teachings, we turn to Allah whenever we need help. Even if that help is required to find a small thing we misplaced. Our Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him used to recite dua whenever he lost an item. Let’s now learn the best dua for lost items and how to get them recovered faster.
What is Dua?
Dua is a form of prayer that is not restricted by time or place. Reciting Dua means communicating with Allah, and it is through this act that we grow closer to our Creator. On His side, Allah The Almighty promised to answer our duas and prayers when we ask Him for help.
“And your Lord says: “Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer): but those who are too arrogant to serve Me will surely find themselves in Hell – in humiliation”
The best Dua Lost Items (to recover them)
Whatever you lost, you can always make dua for the lost items and Allah will return them to you. We take the best dua for the return of the lost items from Hadith and Quran.
Abdullah ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) reports that our glorious Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) would recite the following dua when misplacing something:
“اللهُمَّ رَادَّ الضَّالَّةِ، وَهَادِيَ الضَّلَالَةِ تَهْدِي مِنَ الضَّلَالَةِ، ارْدُدْ عَلَيَّ ضَالَّتِي بِقُدْرَتِكِ وَسُلْطَانِكَ، فَإِنَّهَا مِنْ عَطَائِكَ وَفَضْلِكَ”
“O Allah! The Returner of the lost and Guide of those astray, You are the Being who will show the right way out of misguidance, return my lost property to me with Your power and command because it is from Your gift and favour [to me].”
Dua transliteration in Arabic:
“Allahumma radd ad-dallati, wa hadiyad dalalati tahdi min ad-dalalati, urdud ‘alayya dallati bi qudratika wa sultanika fa innaha min ‘ata-ika wa fadlika”
Other than that, muslims often use this Dua from The Holy Quran to recite when they lose something:
“إنا لله وإنا إليهِ راجِعُون”
“We indeed belong to Allah, and we indeed to Him are returning”
Dua transliteration in Arabic:
“Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’ooun”
Dua For a Lost Item In Arabic
- اللهم رب الضالة هادي الضالة، تهدي من الضلالة، رد على ضالتي بقدرتك وسلطانك.
- الله يا جامع الناس ليوم لا ريب فيه اجمع بيني وبين ضالتي.
- اللهم ارزقني رزقا لا تجعل لاحد فيه منَه ورد إلى ضالتي برحمتك يا ارحم الراحمين.
- أسألك بنور وجهك الذي ملئ أركان عرشك وأسألك بقدرتك التي قدرت بها على جميع خلقك وأسألك برحمتك التي وسعت كل شيء (تسمي حاجتك) لا إله إلا أنت يا مغيث أغثني يا مغيث أغثني يا مغيث أغثني.
- اللهم إن كان رزقي في السماء فانزله وان كان في بطن الارض فأخرجه وان كان بعيدا فقربه وان كان عسيرا فيسره وان كان قليلا فأكثره وبارك فيه برحمتك يا أرحم الراحمين يا ودود يا ودود يا ذا العرش المجيد يا مبدئ يا معيد يا فعالًا لما يريد.
Dua For Lost Items Transliteration
- Allahumma rabbu ad-dallala hadi ad-dallah, tahdi min-addalala, rudda ellayah dallati.
- Allah ya jame’ an-nas le yaumel la rayba fehi, ejmaa’ bayni wa bayna dallati.
- Allahumma erzoqni rezqan la tajaal le-ahad fehi menho, wrudda ellayah dallati be-rahmmatekah yaa arham ar-rahmeen.
- Asaalouka be-noor wajhekka alla-di malaa’ arkaan aarsheka, waa asalouka be-quodrateka allati quadarat behaa alaa jamee’ khalqoukaa, waa asalouka be-rahmmateka allati wasaa’t koula shayee (state your need) la illaha illa antaa, yaa mogheeth aghethni.
- Allahumma en kana rezqi fe-assmaa’ fa-anzelhu, wa en kana fi batni al-ard fa-akhrejhu, wa en kana baa’edan fa-qarebhu, wa en kana aaseran fa-yasserhu, wa en kana qalilan fa-aktherhu, wa barekk fehi be-rahmateka ya arham ar-rahmin ya wadud, ya wadud, ya dha al-aarsh al-majeed, ya mobede’ ya mo’eed, ya faa’lan lema yureed
You can learn about the best dua for studying here.
How to Properly Make Dua?
To make dua, you must first clear your mind of all distractions. Choose a good time; sometimes after praying, begin by praising Allah The Almighty and thanking Him for all His blessings, then state your wishes for Allah to grant you.
Often our dua is immediately answered and approved, and some other times it is delayed for a valid reason. In either case, we continue to believe that all of our duas are answered in accordance with Allah’s plan and decision, in which we place our trust.
However, there are certain things we must understand in order to ensure that our dua is not affected by what we do unconsciously.
Here’s a list of things to consider the next time you make dua:
- We must keep our faith (yaqeen) that Allah, The Exalted, will respond to our dua. There should be no doubt over acceptance, and there should be no objections to the timing of acceptance.
- We must also be mindful not to lose confidence in our dua or get disappointed when the approval process takes longer than anticipated. After all, it’s been delayed for a reason.
- We must remind ourselves that getting our dua answered requires patience and a deep desire. Allah often delays the approval of our duas so that He can hear how persistently we ask for His help.
- We must ask Allah for forgiveness for the sins we have done, which may be preventing the dua acceptance.
5 Things To Do To Make Your Dua Get Answered Faster
With faith and patience in our hearts, sometimes we need our dua to be answered as fast as possible. Luckily, there are some things we can do, while we’re waiting for our dua to be answered, that can make it get answered faster.
Make Dua For Others
When you pray for others, especially with what you wish, angels make dua that you get the same. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said:
“He who supplicates for his brother behind his back (in his absence), the Angel commissioned (for carrying supplication to his Lord) says: Amen, and it is for you also”
You can make a list for all the people who share similar needs as yours, or those who don’t, and make dua for them every time you make one for yourself.
Ask Your Loved Ones To Make Dua For You
Ask your mother, father, grandparents, siblings, relatives, friends, or spouse to make dua for you. No one will wish you the best more than the people who love you with all their hearts. This needs constant reminding so that they won’t forget.
Make Excessive Dua For Everything
When you ask Allah for His help in all your life matters, even the little ones, Allah will listen to you and grant you anything you wish for. Don’t be shy to make constant dua that you get a good night sleep, or that you return home to a delicious dinner. Allah loves His servants to always ask for His help.
When we ask for new things in dua, we must first praise Allah for all His already existent blessings. According to His promise in the Holy Quran, Allah will give as long as you thank Him.
“If you give thanks, I will give you more.”
Give Up a Sin, And Do a Good Deed Instead
We all sin, and sometimes these sins can prevent our duas from being accepted. So in order to be answered faster, give up a sin you do and replace it with a good deed. Give up smoking and help another person to do the same, for example.
When Prophet Yunis was troubled inside the whale, he used to repeat: “La ilaha illa anta subhaanaka inni kuntu minaa-zalimin” which translates: “There is none worthy of worship except You, Glory to You, Indeed, I have been of the transgressors.” So, no Muslim man ever supplicates with it for anything until Allah responds to him.
Start your journey with the Quran with the best, most affordable online quran classes here.